A rigorous and demanding training are trademarks of the Department of Physics and Astronomy. We provide:
- A range of courses, in Physics, Physical Engineering and Astronomy, from undergraduate to PhD level;
- A highly qualified teaching staff, all with PhDs, with high scientific productivity;
- Four research units in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Theoretical Physics, Material Physics and Nanotechnology, and Optoelectronics and Lasers
- Teaching and research laboratories; Mossbauer, SQUID, Raman, Laser Ablation, Sputtering, Clean Room, Ato-second Laser facilities, etc.
- International collaborations that grant our students access to the best centers in the world;
- Long experience in teacher training.